Give all your dinner guest a comfortable place to sit around the table with All Home Living’s diverse selection of quality dining room chairs at affordable prices.
Comfy Dining Chairs to Relax While You Eat
Dining chairs are what graces a dining table. From a healthy breakfast to a hearty dinner, you spend most of your time at the dining table. Now that the dining table plays a critical role in any home, it should be styled and feel comfortable.
Dining chairs are an important part of the dining table and dining room furniture. Many people opt for matching dining chairs, while some people go for contrasting styles.
Things to consider while buying dining chairs
If you have decided to shop for dining chairs, here are some points that you need to consider.
- Height of table: Since the chair will fit into the table, you should measure the height of your dining table before shopping.
- Comfort Level: There is nothing worse than feeling uncomfortable while eating. You should check the comfort level of a dining chair before buying it.
- Color and Interiors: The dining room is a commonly accessed area and the furniture in the dining room should align well with your home decor.
What are the different styles of dining chairs?
Shopping for dining chairs is not an easy task. There are many options available in the market, and it confuses the customers. You might find it hard to choose the best dining chairs for your dining table. Let us have a look at the different types of dining chairs you can buy.
The first thing to consider is the type of dining table you have:
- Dining chairs set of 4: If you have a small table and a family of 2-4 people, then four chairs are enough to solve your needs. You’ll find many contemporary dining chairs in a set of four.
- Dining chairs set of 6: If you are a family of 5-6 people, then a set of six chairs will be enough for you. You can find many colorful dining chairs online to choose from.
What’s in the material?
The second factor that you need to consider while buying a dining chair is the material of the chair. Dining chairs are available in many styles and types. Let’s have a look:
- Wooden dining chairs: Wooden dining chairs are the timeless style of chairs. They work perfectly in any interior. Wooden chairs also complement the rest of the home furniture. You can get a specific-colored wood to match interiors.
- Plastic dining chairs: Plastic dining chairs are durable and pocket-friendly. They last longer and can also be used as garden chairs. However, plastic dining chairs should be paired with a plastic dining table.
- Steel dining chairs: Like plastic dining chairs, metal dining chairs are also very durable and long-lasting. They are heavier to carry and are less preferred by people. But, if they go well with the rest of your interiors, then go for it.
- Teak wood dining chairs: Teak wood dining chairs are made with high levels of natural oils. These are extremely durable, stable, and waterproof. Also, teak wood is not affected by weather changes.
- Leather dining chairs: Leather dining chairs look classy and sophisticated. These luxury dining chairs add grace to your dining room. Leather dining chairs go well with almost all types of interiors.
- Fabric dining chairs: Fabric dining chairs look quirky and vibrant. Many people are shifting to fabric dining chairs these days. You can get a huge variety of fabric chairs in the market. You may also get your dining chairs customized according to your needs.
Q: How to clean dining chairs fabric?
A: You can clean dining chair fabrics by rubbing alcohol on a damp cloth and dabbing the stain. You may also clean the area with cold water and liquid detergent.
Q: How much space between dining chairs?
A: There is no fixed space between chairs of a dining table. However, you need to provide sufficient elbow room. Minimum 6 inches distance sounds perfect.
Q: How to paint dining chairs?
A: You can paint a dining chair yourself or seek professional help. The type of paint and painting style will depend on the material of the chair. For instance, you need to smoothen wooden dining chairs, use a primer and then apply paint on them. A semi-gloss or satin paintwork is best for dining chairs.
Q: Where can I buy cheap dining chairs?
A: You can buy cheap dining chairs online or from physical stores. The type of dining chair you wish to buy will depend on the budget you have. All Home Living has some great options for you.
Q: How to reupholster dining chairs?
A: You should always get your upholstered dining chairs from professionals as they’ll last longer. You can also do it yourself by removing the seat and old fabric. Then, cut the new fabric according to the seat size and stitch or paste the new fabric.
Dining chairs often need a switch after some time. The table lasts longer, but due to the regular wear and tear of chairs, they lose grace. You should change your dining chairs and buy modern dining chairs to transform your dining room.