These pass the signal to the power stages, each providing 205W of pure Marantz power and finesse to drive a full 7.1.4-channel home cinema setup without the need for additional external amplifiers. And the SR8012 uses advanced Marantz sound-tuning throughout, drawing in features from the company’s Reference two-channel models, including a copper chassis and an oversized, shielded toroidal transformer built to Marantz specification — plus high-current main power supply capacitors also made to the Marantz engineers’ exacting standards.
With built-in HEOS technology, the SR8012 becomes a part of a HEOS wireless multi-room music network, enabling you to enjoy your favorite music anywhere around your home. Explore, browse, and play music from your music library, online streaming music services, or thousands of internet radio stations, using the free HEOS app.
The ultimate in Marantz Build and Sound Quality
With unparalleled Marantz performance, the new top-of-the-line SR8012 AV receiver is made for those wanting the ultimate audio and video experience. Its symmetrical, monolithic amplifier design gives it 11 identical amplifier channels, each delivering 205W per channel, for seamless surround sound integration. The design also brings to the Marantz AV receiver line a large toroidal transformer, mounted centrally for mechanical balance, a copper plated chassis, selected audio components throughout and high-grade speaker terminals. The SR8012 opens a new chapter in the illustrious history of Marantz AV receivers.
Latest HDMI Connectivity; HDCP 2.2 Compatible
Along with eight HDMI inputs, including one conveniently located on the front panel for quick connection, the SR8012 has an advanced video section supporting the latest HDMI specification, including 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and 21:9 video, 3D and BT.2020. Dolby Vision pass-through support is available on every input, with pass-through for HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma), a new broadcast HDR format, to be supported via a future firmware update.
HDCP 2.2 compatibility for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content means the SR8012 is ready for the next generation of Blu-ray disc players, set-top boxes and 4K Ultra HD streams and downloads. Its video processor can transcode and upconvert analog and digital video content to 4K Ultra HD, breathing new life into your favorite legacy sources. Three HDMI outputs are provided – two for the main zone, so you can run a TV and projector in parallel, and one for a second zone.
Get the most premium at-home entertainment experience with IMAX Enhanced—the latest technology program from IMAX that sets a new standard for image, sound, scale and content quality. Watch clearer pictures and brighter images. Feel immersive, heart-pounding audio delivered by DTS. See more picture on the largest screens. And experience premium content digitally remastered by IMAX.
Feel every dimension in Dolby Atmos. Dolby Atmos transports you into the story with moving audio that flows all around you with breathtaking realism. Enjoy a 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound speaker system and four additional overhead speakers or four Dolby Atmos elevation speakers, without the need for external amplification. Own the ultimate home theater experience – including Dolby Surround upmixer for legacy content.
HDMI eARC Object-Based Audio Support
eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) supports the transmission of 3D audio from your TV apps with a single HDMI connection for the simplest setup. This feature will be enabled via a future firmware update.
Built-in Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and AirPlay Capability
Featuring Bluetooth & Wi-Fi wireless streaming connectivity, the SR8012 is equipped with an advanced dual antenna transceiver system for robust streaming even in congested urban environments. With Apple’s AirPlay compatibility, you can enjoy listing to your favorite tracks wirelessly from your iOS device such as iPhone and iPad.
Advanced 32-bit D/A Conversion On All Channels
For optimum fidelity and the widest dynamic range with lowest distortion, the SR8012 features advanced reference-class 32-bit AKM D/A converters on all channels. This ensures consistent high fidelity and precise channel matching across all channels for the ultimate listening experience.
High Grade Audio Components; Marantz HDAM and Current Feedback Topology
Featuring exclusive Marantz HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology found on our Reference Series components, the SR8012 incorporates multiple HDAM modules, which provide superior low noise, wideband performance in an all-discrete configuration compared to conventional op amp ICs. HDAM technology provides an ultra-fast slew rate for true wideband response and maximum dynamic range to deliver optimum sound quality with today’s high-resolution audio formats. In addition to HDAM technology, the SR8012 also features Current Feedback instead of the typical voltage feedback configuration. A Marantz innovation introduced on our very first audiophile amplifiers more than 60 years ago, Current Feedback technology provides a wide, closed-loop bandwidth and very high slew rate, delivering superior fidelity with wideband audio sources.
Advanced Audyssey MultEQ XT32
Equipped with the flagship Audyssey suite of features, the SR8012 features Audyssey MultEQ XT32 automatic room acoustic correction using advanced DSP algorithms. With the supplied measurement microphone, it analyzes the output of each speaker (including the subwoofers) at up to eight measurement locations, then generates precision digital filters that optimize each channel for the best possible sound.
Audyssey Dynamic Volume smooths out annoying jumps in volume (such as TV commercials), letting you listen at lower levels while still enjoying clear dialogue, music and sound effects, and still provides full-range clarity.
Audyssey Low Frequency Containment uses advanced psychoacoustic algorithms to deliver a full-range balance, including deep bass, without disturbing close-by neighbors or those in other rooms. Plus, it features a multi-step adjustment.
Audyssey Sub EQ HT provides individual DSP tailoring of each subwoofer in a dual subwoofer setup, allowing deeper bass with improved definition when compared to a single subwoofer configuration.
External Control Capabilities
The SR8012 has a range of features to provide enhanced control and compatibility with third party and custom integration solutions, including IP control, either via wired LAN connection or Wi-Fi. For compatibility with other components, there’s a remote control input and output on the rear panel, plus a flasher input and a 12V trigger output. For direct connection to external home automation and control equipment, use the RS-232C serial port. The SR8012 also features Crestron Connected for quick and easy integration with home automation equipment.
Whatever your family’s entertainment needs, the SR8012 delivers: you can enjoy 7.1-channel surround sound in the main room and play stereo sound from another source in a different part of the house at the same time. Simply connect a pair of stereo speakers to the multi-room amplified outputs, or hook up a separate stereo amp and speakers to the Zone 2 pre-outs.
- 11.2 Channel Atmos Receiver with 205W per channel – Enough power to fill big rooms with renowned Marantz sound
- Latest HDMI standard for future-proof compatibility – 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR, BT.2020, Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) pass-through
- High-end build-quality for the ultimate in audio performance – Single board per channel power amplifier design; centrally mounted, oversized toroidal transformer; copper-plated chassis
- Extended connectivity: ready to feed a TV and projector in parallel, and even a display in a second room – Eight HDMI inputs (including one front) with full HDCP 2.2 support; Three HDMI outputs (including Zone 2)
- eARC supports the most advanced audio formats such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X via single HDMI connection between AVRs and compatible TVs – eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) support via firmware update
- HD video quality from existing DVDs or analog sources – Analog to HDMI conversion and SD to HD/4K Upscaling
- Immersive 3D sound with effects from overhead – Dolby Atmos (up to 7.1.4 or 9.1.2), DTS:X™, and Auro-3D built-in
- Improved network stability especially in crowded homes – Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support
- Built-in HEOS Wireless Multi-Room Audio Technology – Integrated with other HEOS devices for whole-house entertainment
- Access to almost unlimited online music sources – AirPlay, Bluetooth, Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, TIDAL, Deezer and more
- High Resolution audio streaming with gapless playback – DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC and WAV support
- Delivering the ultimate optimization and equalization for your room – Audyssey MultEQ XT32, LFC, Sub EQ HT, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ
- Hassle-free installation, setup and operation – Color-coded speaker terminals, Setup Assistant, Marantz 2016 AVR Remote App
- Energy-conscious without compromising on performance Intelligent ECO mode with off/on/auto setting
- Advanced multiroom options; 11.2-channel processing with pre-outs for all channels; RS232 control; Crestron Connected > Audio and video around the home; expandable surround; ready for third party home automation systems