NAD MDC Modules – 4K Video Module – VM 310
Many of NAD’s new technology innovations are first introduced in this flagship series. World-class fit and finish reflect the advanced design and features enclosed within. Often sounding better than the boutique brands that can cost much more than NAD, our advanced technology is often emulated by these same brands just a few years later.
NAD’s innovative Modular Design Construction (MDC) architecture was built with the foresight that customers would want to upgrade their NAD AV Receiver or Processor with both new technologies and additional features. More than a decade later, it is this very same design that continues to power some of NAD’s most revolutionary products. Combining the forces of Ultra High Definition (UHD) and BluOS®, the VM 310 is a single module that works in all NAD MDC AV products. Employing the latest UHD video chipsets and HDMI 2.0b, the VM 310 supports 60 frames per second in order to fully sustain all current and future UHD formats. The VM 310 also supports HDCP 2.2, which is the copy encryption used for UHD video and is required to watch 4K contents. Like past NAD MDC video modules, the VM 310 does not alter the video signal by either adding or subtracting valuable information, thus leaving the frame rate and colour space unaltered from the input to the output. As a BluOS Ready product, the VM 310 has the options of network music streaming, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, granting you access to the best audio possible.
NAD CLASSIC AV MDC UPGRADES
Modular Design Construction (MDC)
NAD’s innovative MDC architecture is a highly advanced concept, allowing customers to upgrade their NAD AV Receiver or Processor with new technology and additional features well into the future. NAD introduced MDC in 2006 featuring the then advanced HDMI 1.2 digital transfer technology. Subsequent upgrades to HDMI 1.3, HDMI 1.4 and now HDMI 2.0 have kept NAD customers at the forefront of technology while protecting their original investment.
VM 310 UHD (4K) Video Module for T 187, T 777, T 787, T778 M15HD, M17
This upgrade incorporates two of the hottest and most desirable new technologies into a single module that works in all NAD MDC AV products. It not only provides Ultra High Definition (UHD) video performance, but it also adds the option of network music streaming, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth, allowing up to 64 zones of BluOS® compatible High Res Audio music players to be added to create the most advanced multi-room system on the planet.
Using the very latest 4K video chipsets, the VM 310 supports 60 frames per second (4K/60 @ 4/4/4) to fully support all current and future UHD formats. Many UHD AVR’s still use much slower video processing that limits performance to 4K/60 @ 4/2/0. VM 310 also includes the latest HDCP 2.2 copy protection necessary for accessing all commercial UHD video releases. Like previous MDC video modules, NAD has chosen to take a ‘do no harm’ approach to the video signal by neither adding nor subtracting precious information, thus leaving the frame rate and colour space unaltered from the input to the output. Only the audio signal is extracted for processing and amplification by the latest state-of-the-art High Resolution Audio circuitry. The VM 310 is more flexible than ever, with AirPlay 2* built-in for easy integration into the Apple ecosystem.
Hands-free voice control with Alexa
Add the BluOS Voice Skill inside the Amazon Alexa app and enjoy hands-free voice control of personal music collections, streaming services and more using a list of simple streamlined commands. Using an Echo device you can ask Alexa to play popular songs from Tidal, queue up saved playlists, adjust the volume in different rooms, or ask what’s playing in the Kitchen. No Echo device and want to try it out? No problem. Download the Amazon Alexa app, activate the skill, tap the speech bubble in the bottom drawer of the Amazon Alexa app and say anything from the list of commands.
Introducing BluOS for NAD
Meet the BluOS upgrade kit – a small device that easily connects to the USB input of your BluOS Ready NAD amplifier or receiver and lets you stream all your music with one easy-to-use app. Once set up and connected to your Wi-Fi network, you can simply use the BluOS Controller app for smartphone, tablet, and desktop to stream & control lossless music, or group with other BluOS enabled devices like wireless speakers, and add high-resolution sound to any room in your home.
- NAD’s innovative Modular Design Construction (MDC) architecture was built with the foresight that customers would want to upgrade their NAD AV Receiver or Processor with both new technologies and additional features.
- More than a decade later, it is this very same design that continues to power some of NAD’s most revolutionary products.
- Combining the forces of Ultra High Definition (UHD) and BluOS®.
- Easy setup: plug it into the USB input on your MDC-equipped NAD receiver or amplifier, connect it to your network, and start streaming
- Stream lossless music, up to 24-bit/192kHz, in bit-perfect quality
- wirelessly to any stereo or home theatre system.
- Use your smartphone, tablet or laptop as a remote—simply open the BluOS app and have the whole music experience at your fingertips
- Sync large hi-res music collections for on-demand streaming, or add your favourite music service for access to millions of songs.
- Seamless integration with popular home integration systems including Crestron, Control4, URC, RTI, and Push.
- 1 front panel and 5 back panel HDMI 2.0
- inputs – 18 Gbps, 4K/60, HDCP 2.2
- 1 back panel HDMI 2.0 output –
- 18 Gbps, 4K/60, HDCP 2.2
- 1 back panel HDMI 1.4 output, HDCP 1.4
- CEC/ARC Support
- Graphic OSD generator
- BluOS® Ready
- One USB 2.0 Type-A Connector
- RJ45 Ethernet
- Works with Apple AirPlay 2