NAD MDC Modules – Audio MDC Module – AM 17
Many of NAD’s new technology innovations are first introduced in this flagship series. World-class fit and finish reflect the advanced design and features enclosed within. Often sounding better than the boutique brands that can cost much more than NAD, our advanced technology is often emulated by these same brands just a few years later.
Modular Design Construction, first introduced by NAD in 2006, keeps your home theater system up to date by allowing cost effective hardware upgrades as new digital technologies are introduced. NAD’s innovative MDC technology has revolutionized the way audio systems are designed, eliminating early obsolescence due to unforeseen technological advances. Built for our Masters Series M17 AV Processor, the AM 17 features Dolby Atmos®, a technology that produces a soundstage that is both enveloping and expansive. This is achieved by adding a third dimension of height to surround sound, and evolving the 7.1 channel M17 into an eleven-channel surround processor supporting the Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 sound field. Utilizing Dirac Live™, the most advanced room correction technology around, the AM 17 is the perfect component for your audio system.
NAD Classic AV MDC Upgrades
Modular Design Construction (MDC)
NAD’s innovative MDC architecture is a highly advanced concept, allowing customers to upgrade their NAD M17 Processor with new technology and additional features well into the future. NAD introduced MDC in 2006 featuring the then advanced HDMI 1.2 digital transfer technology. Subsequent upgrades to HDMI 1.3, HDMI 1.4 and now HDMI 2.0 have kept NAD customers at the forefront of technology while protecting their original investment.
AM 17 Audio Module featuring Dolby Atmos®
Dolby Atmos provides the biggest step forward in surround sound since Dolby Digital® debuted in the 1990s. Using object-based decoding and additional overhead speakers, the movie director can place objects firmly and believably in three-dimensional spaces, creating the most realistic and immersive audio experience ever developed for the home. Of course DTS:X, DTS TrueHD, HD and Neo:6 are also fully supported. Although the AM 17 slots into NAD’s M17 chassis, it can support up to a 7.1.4 Atmos speaker configuration. This is accomplished with four channels of line level outputs used to connect to additional external amplification, like NAD’s CI 940 Amplifier. The AM 17 can also be configured to use the internal amplification to create a 5.1.2 setup.
Dirac Live™ Support
The AM 17 employs Dirac Live™, the most advanced room correction technology available. Dirac Live is different than traditional minimum-phase room correction systems in that it corrects frequency response and impulse response, thus offering improvements in the room acoustics, the stereo image, clarity and transient reproduction of the music.
When it comes to audio quality NAD’s reputation for state-of-the-art digital engineering is on full display with audiophile-quality 24/192 DACs, delivering nearly immeasurable noise and distortion with an extremely wide dynamic range capable of fully resolving the most advanced cinematic soundtracks and Hi-Res Audio.
- NAD’s innovative Modular Design Construction (MDC) architecture was built with the foresight that customers would want to upgrade their NAD AV Receiver or Processor with both new technologies and additional features.
- More than a decade later, it is this very same design that continues to power some of NAD’s most revolutionary products.
- 2 x Optical Input
- 2 x Coax Input
- 4 x Mini-XLR Balanced Line Level Outputs for adding additional Atmos channels
- Built for our Masters Series M17 AV Processor.
- A technology that produces a soundstage that is both enveloping and expansive.
- This is achieved by adding a third dimension of height to surround sound.
- Evolving the 7.1 channel M17 into an eleven-channel surround processor supporting the Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 sound field.
- Utilizing Dirac Live™, the most advanced room correction technology around.
- The AM 17 is the perfect component for your audio system.
- NAD Classic AV MDC Upgrades
- Modular Design Construction (MDC)
- AM 17 Audio Module featuring Dolby Atmos®
- Dirac Live is different than traditional minimum-phase room correction systems in that it corrects frequency response and impulse response