Polk Dedicated Digital Power Amplifier – SWA500
A Passion For Sound
Polk Audio was founded in Baltimore in 1972 by Johns Hopkins University graduates Matthew Polk and George Klopfer. Today, Polk Audio is a leading international manufacturer of high quality home and automotive loudspeakers. Polk products emphasize superior sound and build quality, and feature many patented and award-winning innovations. Polk Audio has built a reputation as “The Speaker Specialists.” Polk products are sold throughout the USA, Canada and in over 50 countries around the world. Polk Audio’s mission has always been to build high quality, great sounding speakers at affordable prices. For the people of Polk Audio, building speakers is not just a job; it’s a passion.
Lowpass Filter Adjustment
Turning the Low Pass Filter Setting HIGHER gives more lower mid-range/upper-bass output. Turning the Low Pass Filter Setting LOWER gives less lower mid-range upper bass output. This control only works with LINE LEVEL and SPEAKER LEVEL. It has no effect on LFE hookups.
Controls the subwoofer(s) volume, with minimum and maximum settings indicated
- Hybrid Class D amplifier: Producing 250W Continuous Power into 8 Ohms and 500W Continuous Power into 4 Ohms.
- SPEX Card: The SPEX Card configures the EQ, Crossover and Power Control circuitry to match each Polk Subwoofer.
- Before this amplifier can be powered up, the appropriate SPEX Card for the Polk subwoofer being used must be installed.
- Front Panel LED, Protection LED and Power LED Indicators.
- Protection Circuitry: The SWA500 offers dynamic power control, thermal protection, and short circuit or over-current protection.
- Auto On / Off Sensing: Amplifier comes out of standby when a signal is present at an audio input.
- Speakers for optimum blending of the subwoofer and front speakers.
- Gold-plated RCA jacks with red & white inserts
- Gold-plated LFE RCA jack with yellow insert
- High Level Input: Gold-plated 5-way binding posts
- Outputs: Gold-plated 5-way binding posts, 2 sets, parallel wired
- Gold-plated RCA Through-out jacks with red & white inserts