- Hear All Your Music
From SACDs to DSD files, enjoy all of your music without limits.
- Pure Marantz Sound
HDAM technology combined with optimized circuit design layout and carefully selected components, provides exceptional sound quality and performance.
- Sound Master Tuned
Engineered and extensively tuned by a team drawing on more than 35 years of Marantz CD and SACD design knowledge.
- Upscale Listening
Innovative Marantz Musical Mastering “MMM-Stream” up-sampling to DSD and filtering
It Starts with the Disc
Whether playing SACDs, CDs, or other data discs containing music, it’s vital that any player retrieves the information as accurately as possible: unlike a computer reading a disc for ripping, there’s no time for repeated re-scans when playing music – it happens in real time, so the disc transport needs to get things right first time.
CDs, SACDs and Beyond
The SA-10 goes so much further than just disc playback: it’s also a fully-functional digital-to-analog converter for music stored on a home computer, as well as having conventional digital inputs for existing source components. Those conventional inputs – optical and coaxial – can handle your music files up to 192kHz/24bit.
More than just a DAC
The SA-10 takes things further – just as it features an all-new disc transport mechanism, so the digital to analog conversion has also been subject to a radical rethink, taking full advantage of the 1-bit conversion technology found in past flagship Marantz players, and incorporating brand-new filtering and up-conversion to take advantage of this simple, but elegant solution.
Marantz Musical Mastering
DSD is at the heart of the way the SA-10 handles digital audio: PCM and DXD inputs are all upconverted to DSD at 11.2MHz using the proprietary MMM-Stream converter within the player, and then the high-frequency signal produced is processed by the unique MMM-Conversion stage, used in place of a conventional DAC, to produce the analog output.
Built For Generations
Like its partnering, the PM-10 integrated amplifier, the SA-10 is constructed to the highest possible standards, with a double-layered copper-plated chassis for excellent rejection of mechanical and electrical interference, and casework constructed from thick non-magnetic aluminum panels and 5mm thick top lid. Both products also sit on aluminum machining feet for reduced vibration and allows for a smoother listening experience.
- Stereo playback for SACDs, audio CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, and DVD-Rs (including MP3 and WMA discs)
- Rear-panel USB input (type A) for USB flash drive, iPod®, iPhone®, or iPad®
- Rear-panel asynchronous USB input (type B) for audio playback of stored computer or streaming music files
- USB-DAC function supports high-resolution PCM files up to 32-bit/384kHz, DSD files up to 11.2 MHz, and DXD files
- Windows® PCs require free driver download from Marantz website prior to computer audio playback
- The new SACD-M3 transport mechanism for the best performance and sound quality
- Marantz’s Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules (HDAM) offer exquisite detail and dynamic range while reducing noise
- Selectable digital filters for fine-tuning sound
- All PCM- and DXD-based sources are upsampled to 1-bit DSD at 11.2 MHz
- Toroidal transformer with copper-plated shielding
- Rigid double-layered copper-plated chassis and aluminum feet
- Balanced XLR outputs
- Stereo RCA outputs
- Optical and coaxial digital audio inputs for use in DAC mode
- Accept high-res PCM audio up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Optical and coaxial digital audio outputs for CD
- Full-size headphone output with volume control
- High-quality headphone amplifier featuring HDAM SA2 amplifier modules