Polk Reserve Bookshelf Speaker – Reserve R100 Bookshelf/Pair
The R100 is a versatile small bookshelf speaker that is great in a compact stereo pair, as part of a front stage, or as surround components in a larger system. Its diminutive size means it’s at home on a bookshelf, on a stand or even mounted to the wall.
Amazing Sound And True Value In A Compact Design
Amazing sound and true value, the R100 inherits the 1” Pinnacle tweeter and 5.25” Turbine cone from our flagship Legend series for renowned clarity and imaging. With a minimalist design, this speaker fits neatly into any décor. Our newly patented Polk X-Port delivers deep, distortion free bass compared to traditionally ported speakers.
High Definition Pinnacle Ring Radiator Tweeter
Over 40 years of tweeter innovation, design and prototyping has led to the development of the new 1” high definition Pinnacle ring radiator tweeter. Developed by Polk Audio, it delivers ultra-clear, crisp highs without unwanted coloration or distortions. The Pinnacle tweeter features a finely tuned waveguide that dramatically improves the dispersion of high frequency energy ensuring a broad “sweet spot” while the critically damped rear-chamber helps defeat any unwanted resonances. Hi-Res certified, the Pinnacle Tweeter is designed for today’s two-channel music listening as well as multi-channel 3D audio found in movies, sports, and video game soundtracks.
5.25” Turbine Cone
Polk developed the Turbine cone specifically for our flagship products to ensure the natural reproduction of the mid-range, to which human ears are particularly sensitive. The Turbine cone combines Polk’s proprietary foam core and molded Turbine geometry which dramatically increases stiffness and damping, without adding mass. You will hear every detail and experience a smooth, detailed mid-range and effortless bass.
Amazing Sound and Elegance
With understated elegance, the Reserve line has a minimalist design with universal appeal. Inheriting Polk’s flagship transducer array, the R100 produces exceptional sound that rivals competitor speakers that sell for twice the price.
Polk Newly Patented X-Port (ETF)
Polk’s newly patented X-Port incorporates an Eigentone Filter (ETF) offering distortion-free, effortless bass. Consisting of a set of closed-pipe absorbers that are specifically tuned to catch and eliminate traditional speaker distortions. X-Port ensures that the upper bass and mid-range are free of port and cabinet resonances for smooth, detailed audio.
- Pinnacle Tweeter: The new ring radiator tweeter design dramatically improves dispersion while delivering clear, crisp, and natural highs
- Turbine Cone: Delivers smooth and incredibly detailed mid-range imaging
- Polk Patented X-Port: closed-pipe absorbers that are specifically tuned to catch and eliminate traditional speaker distortions
- Anti-diffraction Magnetic Grilles: Acoustically inert grilles offer a clean aesthetic without sacrificing sound
- Power Recommendation: 70W or more per channel power amplification is recommended to experience the best quality and performance
- Premium, Large 5-Way Binding Posts: Perfect for easy set up and ensure the most direct, efficient, and loss-less connection possible Hi-Res Audio Certified:
- Delivers clear and detailed high-end response up to 40Khz for improved high frequency signals for today’s high-quality audio and Hi-Res Audio formats (such as DSD, FLAC, WAV, ALAC and MQA)