A Work-From-Home Space Is Essential Now and in the Future. Our Interior Experts Give You Three Key Tips to Make Sure Your Home Office Feels Like a Great Space to Work From.
I know, the pandemic is almost over and we’re going back to work from offices. But we’re still seeing lockdown happening. And thanks to the pandemic, a lot of companies have given the flexibility to their teams to work from home.
Which is why it’s essential that you have a dedicated space at home that you can call your office. And pandemic or no, it’s always good to have a work space at home for your convenience. You never know when you need to bring some work home, or do a bit of work on the weekend.
Here are three key decor tips to make your home office space feel good. So that you can do work peacefully, and be productive.
1. Choose A Space That’s Not Your Bedroom
Keeping a desk or working from your bed is a bad idea. Your bedroom is your sacred space. It’s where you go to relax and sleep. You shouldn’t associate it with work and stress. Also, it’s harder to work from your bedroom because you feel relaxed. And, usually we have dim lights in bedroom to feel relaxed and calm. You won’t be focused.
Instead, choose any other spot in your home to keep your work table. It’s okay if you don’t have an extra room to convert into your home office. Be creative and smart. Choose a corner or spot where you can peacefully work from. Even if it’s in your living room or balcony. You can use a folding table if you don’t have a lot of space. If you’d like, buy a room divider and place it around your desk to give you some privacy
2. Make Sure You Have The Right Lighting
Homes should always have soft, warm lighting for relaxation. But in a work space, you need bright light which will keep you active and focused. The best option is to choose a space in your office room where there’s plenty of natural light. Keeping your desk near a window or balcony is a great idea.
If there’s no such space, and of course, you will need light after the sun sets, make sure it’s the right light. Invest in a pendant lamp, which you can hang over your table. Make sure you put a bulb that’s white light, or one that’s more white than yellow giving you bright light.
3. Make Your Home Office Reflect You
The biggest advantage of working from home is that you can make your space as comfortable as you like. And you should. If you’re comfortable, you’ll be in a better mood to work. So along with a good table or desk, buy a best chair for your home office as you would be seating for hours and add a comfortable cushion to your chair. Place photos of loved ones in pretty photo frames on your desk. Hang inspiring wall art over your work desk. Add a plant or two to liven the space.
Personalize your space to look as beautiful as you like. Adding showpieces in colours and styles that you like, will make your office feel inviting. So when you step in to do work, you feel like doing it and not think of your bed calling out to you.
4. Last But Most Important: Invest In Quality Headphones
No matter which spot of the house you’re working from, you can’t get away from noise. There will be millions of things that will cause you a distraction and which might migh won’t let you focus. Unless, of course, you have the luxury of having one extra room to make your home office, and completely soundproof the room from inside.
Instead of doing all that mehnat, invest in a quality pair of noise-cancelling headphones. This will ensure that even if you’re working from your dining room, you won’t hear your pets/ spouse/ neighbours or the TV blaring.
These were the 4 tips to make your home workspace comfortable, relaxing, and productive. If you’re looking for furniture to make your home office cozy, or pretty knick knacks, or the perfect pair of headphones, we have it all at All Home Living. Everything from home decor to home sound technology. And we deliver all over India!
What are some of the things you do to make your home office more productive and comfy? Let us know in the comments below.
Q: What do I need to setup a home office?
- Choose such a place where plenty of natural lighing is avaialblr for maximum time of the day.
- Choose a network providdr which serves High-Speed Internet
- Use best quality Network Router.
- Surge Protector.
- Keep Printer/Scanner or Multipurpose Machine handy if required.
- Arrange Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) in case of power outage is often.
- Get a best quality desk. Standing Desk Extenders: A healthier desktop option.
- Clear your work space often.
Q: What do I do if I don’t have a home office?
- Create a “Home Office” corner anywhere in the House.
- Create a Workspace on a Staircase Landing.
- Make a command centre in the kitchen.
- Make Room for a Desk in the Living Room.
- Declutter a Closet for Your Office Needs
- Establish an Office in the Entryway
- Turn Your Dining Table Into Your Desk
- Create an Office in Your Cabinets
- Conduct Business in the Basement
- Embrace the Cozy Eaves of the Attic
Q: How do I set up a small home office?
- Examine your surroundings.
- Keep your distance from the children.
- Purchase a table that makes the most of your available space.
- Think about making your existing table at home as your work desk
- Focus on vertical storage.
- Focus on quiet corner.
- Get organized.
- Create an Office in Your Cabinets
- A large, cumbersome office chair should be avoided. Use a small but a comfortable one.