Our interior experts pick the top home decor pieces that’ll make your home look extra Christmassy and festive.
Christmas is around the corner. And we’re sure you’ve done all your Christmas shopping for all your loved ones, you must have bought lots of gifts for them. Thoughtful Christmas gifts always turn out the best. But have you done YOUR Christmas shopping? Have you picked out amazing decor for the home that’ll make it look new and festive?
We’re not talking about the tree and the lights that you put up every year. This year, it’s time to add something different. Something unique. So that your home looks new and refreshed. All ready for a new year full of hope and happiness.
Here are our five picks to renew your home this festive season :
And hey, if you don’t celebrate Christmas but still want to get these, go ahead. We won’t judge.
A well-placed mirror not only adds to the beauty of a room, but it also generates additional space. So, how can you make the most of what you have if you’re short on space? Apart from the mirrors that are normally fixed on walls or on the opposite side of doors. Interior decoration with accent mirror simply looks stunning.
This beveled accent mirror wall panel is a single piece of wall decor that’ll transform your living room. Like we spoke about in our last article, mirrors bring positive energy and make a space look open and bright.
And this bevelled accent mirror will do exactly that. With a rectangular frame, it’s a modern and sleek addition to your living room decor. The frame is crafted from high-grade steel, with a bold black finish for that effortless chic look. The piece includes hooks for hanging, so it’s super easy to put up.
Speaking of your bar furniture, here’s a show-stopping piece that’s sure to be the star of your entertaining space. Bar cabinet is always useful in a house full of people. The Prisma Mirrored Bar Cabinet is brilliant if you’re someone who loves to impress your guests. And let’s be honest, who isn’t? Because this spectacular design promises to dazzle anyone who lays eyes on it.
The exterior is made up using well-cut mirrors for a geometric and light-reflective feel. And it’s called “prisma” for a reason. Because whether you’re entertaining by candlelight or at sunset, the mirrored surface will catch the light beautifully and create a magical ambience. Behind the glistening exterior lies a sleek black interior which provides an elegant home for your barware. All thanks to three spacious shelves.
Imagine standing behind this and making spectacular cocktails for your mesmerized guests. It’s THE iconic bar table. An exquisite and essential piece for a swanky Christmas gathering and a luxurious New Year party.
Add Christmas cheer to your home with this festive magenta and red rug from our bedding brand, Quilting Tree. With a geometric pattern in the centre and delicate floral vines at the sides, it’s a bit of old-school charm for your living room or your bedroom.
Made from pure cotton, the rug is machine washable. All Quilting Tree rugs are anti-skid. They have small rubber patches on the reverse to prevent the rug slipping on your floor.
This rug is sure to brighten up your space because of the vibrant colours which won’t fade with time. It also adds that cozy warmth. Perfect for the cold festive season when you want to sit on a soft armchair with a cup of eggnog in your hands. A velvet rug can also be a great investment for any space.
In a size of 160 x 210 cm, this rug will fit in any room. Place it under or near your Christmas tree for a beautiful Christmassy look of red and green.
Speaking of cozy armchair and hot mug-wala Christmas morning scenes, now imagine Christmas carols playing from a vinyl record player. That crisp, clear sound from an analogue record is unlike any other.
Which is why we recommend this GPO Attache Briefcase Record Player. Not only will you get that unique vinyl record sound, but it looks amazing as well.
The leather finish and retro metal corner protectors make it look 1920s dapper is a vintage record player. Weighing 2.5 kg, this lightweight briefcase-style turntable includes a USB stick. So you can record all your vinyl music to a digital format. Isn’t that great?
It plays 33, 45 and 78-speed records. It has built-in twin stereo speakers with 2 x 1.5-watt output (3 watts total). The Auto-Stop feature is super useful for when you leave the music on and become busy with guests. It’s compatible with all external speakers including the GPO Westwood and GPO Westwood Mini. The dimensions are W 35.5 x D 27.5 x H 13.5cm.
It’s a great addition to your home for the festive season. And it makes for a great gift. Scour a few flea markets (or your grandparents home) to find a few old vinyl records and waltz to ABBA or Boney M while waiting for Santa to show up.
Made from bamboo, this wine bottle holder an eco-friendly and sustainable decor piece to add to your home. It can hold up to 5 wine bottles. A unique piece from our brand Ozel Homes, it’s a quirky and contemporary addition to your interiors. And if you’re a music buff, or know someone that is, it makes for a great gift. It’s certain to be a talking point during Christmas family dinner.
Those were our favourite Christmas picks to rejuvenate your home this festive season. Become your own Santa this Xmas and get a one-of-a-kind piece for your home.
And remember, All Home Living delivers all across India. So you can get any of these from the comfort of your home. See what you want, live before you buy. You can book your appointment for shopping via video calling. Quick call/ Whatsapp on +91 9607929866/68. Our timings are from 10.30 am to 8 pm IST.
We also have a no-cost EMI offer. With 12 months easy instalments at 0% interest and no additional costs. For all orders above INR 5,000.
Which one’s your favourite Christmas addition? Let us know in the comments below.
Q:What is a accent mirror?
Q: How can I decorate my house for Christmas?
- Make room for fairy lighting
It doesn’t really feel like Christmas-time till the streets get adorned with sparkling lights all over. Well, why not bring some of that bright Christmas cheer into your house? This Christmas, decorate your house with strings of fairy lights that are rather inexpensive but manage to lend a dreamy festive vibe to any space. If you live in one of the colder regions, the fireplace can also be used as a quick Christmas decor hack. Besides, it’s a great way of bringing together friends and family in one room!
- Hang holiday wreaths:To get into the celebratory, holiday spirit, hang a dainty wreath above every door inside your house. You can also hang wreaths over the mantle, in front of the windows, as well as on bedroom doors. You can use different types of wreaths ranging from holly to grapevine or decorated with bows. There are a lot of artificial wreath options available in the market as well that will last for more than one Christmas season!
- Pillow talk:Sorry to disappoint, but we don’t mean the obvious here! Festive pillow covers are a great and convenient way to spruce up any home for the season of Christmas. Pick Christmas themed covers such as those with reindeers, trees or pine cones in the typical Christmas shades of red and white. Use these pillows to fill up and cheer up any empty space in the house.
- Decorate that christmas tree:If it’s Christmas-time, the need to put up and decorate a customary Christmas tree does not have to verbally expressed. Pick a healthy-looking, moderately sized Christmas Tree which can either be real or artificial. For adornments, wrap counterfeit festoons on the branches, over mirrors, on the highest point of armoires, and along the mantle. You can also use extra decorations on the top, or at the area around your tree for an extra boost of Christmas spirit.
- Highlight the colours of christmas:We all know that Christmas, for the most part, comprises of three colours – green, white and red. Add a shining touch to these colours and upgrade the general look of your home by picking festive decor in holiday hues. Bring out the Christmas colours while making cookies, or decorating the table, or even while deciding upon a theme for your Christmas party.
- Think beyond the branches:Is it necessary to only decorate the Christmas tree with your festive ornaments? We say no! You can use ornaments to decorate the window panels as well as above the sofas; this would make the wall look beautiful too and there won’t be a single space left in the entire house which would look plain in this festive season.
- DIY-Christmas candles:You can make Christmas candles to decorate the dining table as well as the drawing-room. We will tell you about an easy DIY-Christmas candle that you can make at your home for this Christmas. You just have to put some greenery in the bottom of a Mason jar. Then fill two-thirds of the way with water and add some cranberries and a floating candle for a simple and charming accent to invite holiday cheer.
- Make some candy lights:Have you heard about candy lights? Well, you might have seen them featured in beautiful Christmas movies. Pretty much everybody likes candy and decorating the house separately, so to use candy lights that one can literally pluck off the tree and relish, is like bringing together the best of both worlds. Try this Christmas decor idea for an unconventional spin on festive home-decor!
- Decorate with pine cones:Pine cones ain’t just made to decorate the Christmas tree. They can also be used to decorate the dining table as well as other parts of your house. They give a very optimistic look and a homely, wintery vibe that is sure to be enjoyed by one and all during the Christmas week.
- A Starry Experience:Use of stars everywhere in the house can add loads of life and energy to your decoration. Electric stars with twinkling lights would be a great option to explore this Christmas. Not only will they add that elegant Christmas charm to your house, but they will also make the exteriors of your home inviting and warm!